Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just another day in the Marsh House




Well, we officially became parents today. Ok so we’ve been parents for a long time, but today we got another notch in our belt. Today Keira was down for a nap (or so we thought). When we went in to check on her she was very much awake and covered head to toe in Vaseline. It was also all over the sheets and the bed posts. 20 some odd ounces of Vaseline. It looked as if she had eaten some too. The label said call poison control…so and here it comes today we made our first call to poison control. The lady was real nice (the 911 operators were real nice too, both times Keira dialed 911), she said Keira might get diarrhea (that word is spelled funny), but it wasn’t anything to worry about. Funny thing is, we think she knows she should have been in a lot of trouble, because she was so pleasant the rest of the day smiling and flirting with us, either happy she got away with it or being nice so we wouldn’t put her in her crib for the rest of the afternoon.

2 comments:

Becky said...

HOORAY! I'm so excited that there's something to read here! Can I tell you I'm laughing SO hard! I think I peed my pants just a little bit! She's so beautiful! And congrats on officially being parents.... Wish I could tell you it'll get easier from here...HA!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm excited too. Keep the posts coming I need to hear about you guys to keep from going crazy with missing you. Have fun with the diarrhea. Maybe you should feed your kid so she doesn't feel the need to eat vaseline. Yuck.